Career Opportunities at CommonLit
Curriculum Development Internship
CommonLit is a nonprofit edtech startup organization dedicated to closing the literacy gap for America's middle and high school students. We develop open educational resources, flexible curriculum materials, and integrated technology tools that we make freely available to all teachers and students at www.CommonLit.org to promote high-quality reading and writing instruction. We are looking for college students with exceptional writing skills and an interest in literature, education, and marketing to join our content team. The ideal candidate would be excited about working for a fast-paced nonprofit start-up, willing to take on multiple roles, and committed to closing the achievement gap. Start and end dates are flexible. Academic credit can be arranged. We are currently accepting applications for the spring of 2019.
- Assist the Curriculum Team’s acquisition and publication of new texts to the website
- Work collaboratively with others to help the department meet organizational milestones
- Identify new texts to add to the CommonLit online collection
- Analyze literature to help develop free lesson plans for teachers
- Manage independent curriculum development and digital marketing projects
- Working towards a Bachelor's or Master’s degree in English literature, history, education, or other humanities field
- Strong writing, editing, and analytical skills required
- Strong attention to detail required
- Fluency in Spanish is appreciated though not required
- Must have own computer
- Positive attitude and willingness to learn
- Location: Washington, D.C.
- Pay: Paid
- How to Apply: Please send a resume and cover letter to [email protected] with Curriculum Development Internship in the subject line.
- Apply by: October 15, 2018