Career Opportunities at CommonLit
Curriculum Development Internship - Dual Language
CommonLit is a nonprofit edtech startup organization dedicated to closing the literacy gap for America's middle and high school students. We develop open educational resources, flexible curriculum materials, and integrated technology tools that we make freely available to all teachers and students at www.CommonLit.org to promote high-quality reading and writing instruction. We are looking for applicants with English/Spanish fluency, exceptional reading and writing skills, and a love for literature. The ideal candidate would be excited about working for a fast-paced start-up, willing to take on multiple roles, and committed to closing the achievement gap.
- Assist in the publication of new Spanish and English-language texts to the website
- Work collaboratively with curriculum team to help meet departmental milestones
- Identify new Spanish and English-language texts to add to the CommonLit online collection
- Analyze Spanish and English-language literature to help develop free lesson plans for teachers
- Work collaboratively with others to help meet organizational milestones
- Working towards a Bachelor's or Master’s degree in English or Spanish-language literature, history, education, or other humanities field
- High levels of bilingualism and biliteracy in Spanish is required
- Experience editing or translating content from English to Spanish is preferred
- Strong writing, editing, and analytical skills required
- Strong attention to detail required
- Must have own laptop computer
- Positive attitude and willingness to learn
- Location: Washington, D.C.
- Pay: $13.25 per hour
- How to Apply: Please send a resume and cover letter to [email protected] with Curriculum Development Internship - Dual Language in the subject line.
- Apply by: November 15, 2018