Career Opportunities at CommonLit
Growth Marketing Manager
CommonLit is a nonprofit edtech startup that is changing the way millions of students learn how to read and write. CommonLit is dedicated to providing high-quality literacy instruction to low-income students and students of color to prepare them for success in college and careers. We operate a comprehensive online literacy program in English and Spanish for grades 3-12 (commonlit.org) that is growing rapidly. Through the platform, teachers can assign lessons to students, grade their work digitally, and track students’ academic gains.
Soon after launching its digital platform in 2016, CommonLit’s free program began to spread virally. By 2020, over 20 million students in over 90,000 schools were registered for the program. During that time, CommonLit’s team began developing paid packages that include on-demand training for teachers, additional assessments, data tracking for schools, and more to help ensure a successful district-wide rollout of the program. CommonLit’s team has successfully reached product-market fit; we now have scaled up sales and account management departments and successful partnerships with hundreds of school districts around the country. We are ready to scale further!
We’re on a mission to hire the very best and are committed to creating exceptional employee experiences where everyone is respected and has access to equal opportunity. We realize that new ideas can come from everywhere in the organization, and we know the next big idea could be yours!
About the role:
CommonLit is looking for a Growth Marketing Manager to join us as we build our in-house marketing team. The Growth Marketing Manager will pave the path for building CommonLit’s growth strategy and will strategize, manage, and execute marketing programs that drive acquisition of CommonLit’s free and paid products. We are looking for a self-starter who thrives in a fast-paced environment and has demonstrated success developing and executing paid media programs across multiple channels. You have experience with ad optimization, conversion rate optimization, budget-setting, performance tracking, email campaigns, and deep SEM expertise.
To apply, please send a cover letter to email@example.com with the title “Growth Marketing Manager” in the subject line.
In your cover letter, be sure to describe your interest in CommonLit and how you have driven positive outcomes in your previous marketing roles.
- Develop and execute growth marketing strategy to drive acquisition
- Build and manage performance marketing initiatives across email, SEM, and web
- Manage the performance marketing budget
- Be a driver of innovation and experimentation across channels, messaging, and tactics to grow product adoption
- Monitor day-to-day performance and make budget adjustments as necessary
- Develop a reporting framework to measure the impact of key performance indicators
- Deliver updates to senior leaders and develop action plans based on learnings
- Stay up-to-date with platform, industry, and consumer trends - and rigorously test hypotheses!
- Work collaboratively with Product, Sales, and the Marketing Teams to optimize conversion and engagement
- 4+ years in growth marketing (agency experience is a plus)
- You have experience managing multi-channel acquisition campaigns
- You are a customer journey expert and know how to optimize content for different stages of the funnel
- You have in-depth knowledge about performance marketing across email, SEM, paid social, and display
- You are comfortable working with business intelligence tools like Google Analytics, Looker, and other analytics platforms
- You are a strong analytical thinker and know how to iterate quickly and use data to measure performance and inform decisions
- You are ambitious and eager to work in a fast-paced environment
- You are a problem solver and have strong organizational skills
- You sweat the details, are data-driven, and welcome feedback
- You care about leaving a positive impact in the world through your work
- You are eager to learn the education landscape and bring CommonLit’s innovative program to low-income schools across the United States
- Location: Remote
- Pay: $95-105K plus performance-based incentives
- How to Apply: Please send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with Growth Marketing Manager in the subject line.
- Apply by: July 1, 2022
As an equal opportunity employer, CommonLit values having a diverse workforce and continuously strives to maintain an inclusive and equitable workplace. We encourage people with a diverse range of backgrounds to apply. We do not discriminate against any person based upon their race, traits historically associated with race, religion, color, national origin, sex, pregnancy or related medical conditions, parental status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, or any other legally protected characteristics. If you are a qualified applicant requiring assistance or an accommodation to complete any step of the application process due to a disability, you may contact us at email@example.com.