Parent Guide > A Litany for Survival
Welcome to the parent guide for this text! Read below to find out about what your child is reading in class and how you can support him/her at home.
This week in class, we’re reading "A Litany for Survival" by Audre Lorde.
In "A Litany for Survival," a speaker describes people who do not have the luxury to dream.
"What does it mean to feel alone?", "How can fear be used to manipulate?", and "How does a person overcome adversity?"
Ways to support your child:
Ask your child about this poem at home:
- What was "A Litany for Survival" about?
- What did you learn about Fear & Paranoia?
- What did you learn about Loneliness & Isolation?
- What did you learn about Resilience & Success?
- Watch the following clips with your child at home: