Parent Guide > African American Suffragists
Welcome to the parent guide for this text! Read below to find out about what your child is reading in class and how you can support him/her at home.
This week in class, we’re reading "African American Suffragists" by Margaret Gushue.
In the informational text "African American Women Suffragists," Margaret Gushue discusses women's suffrage and African American women's contributions to the movement.
"How do we define the roles of men and women?", "What are the effects of prejudice?", and "How do people create change?"
Ways to support your child:
Ask your child about this informational text at home:
- What was "African American Suffragists" about?
- What did you learn about Gender Roles?
- What did you learn about Prejudice & Discrimination?
- What did you learn about Social Change & Revolution?
- Watch the following clips with your child at home: