Parent Guide > Death Marches in the Holocaust
Welcome to the parent guide for this text! Read below to find out about what your child is reading in class and how you can support him/her at home.
This week in class, we’re reading "Death Marches in the Holocaust" by The United States Holocaust Memorial Museum.
"Death Marches in the Holocaust" discusses how concentration camp prisoners were evacuated and forced to walk in conditions that few were able to survive.
"How do people face death?", "What can we learn from tragedy?", and "How are we changed by war?"
Ways to support your child:
Ask your child about this informational text at home:
- What was "Death Marches in the Holocaust" about?
- What did you learn about Comedy & Tragedy?
- What did you learn about Death?
- What did you learn about War & Peace?
- Watch Holocaust Survivor Testimonies: The Death Marches at home with your child.