Parent Guide > Eleanor Roosevelt: Not Without Her Consent
Welcome to the parent guide for this text! Read below to find out about what your child is reading in class and how you can support him/her at home.
This week in class, we’re reading "Eleanor Roosevelt: Not Without Her Consent" by Shelby Ostergaard.
This informational text discusses the life and legacy of Eleanor Roosevelt, who transformed the role of First Lady and was a tireless activist for civil and women's rights.
"How do we define the roles of men and women?", "How do people create change?", and "What makes a hero?"
Ways to support your child:
Ask your child about this biography at home:
- What was "Eleanor Roosevelt: Not Without Her Consent" about?
- What did you learn about Gender Roles?
- What did you learn about Honor & Courage?
- What did you learn about Social Change & Revolution?
- Watch the following clips with your child at home: