Parent Guide > Emmett Till
Welcome to the parent guide for this text! Read below to find out about what your child is reading in class and how you can support him/her at home.
This week in class, we’re reading "Emmett Till" by Jessica McBirney.
This informational text explains how the murder of Emmett Till helped spark the Civil Rights Movement.
"How does fear drive action?", "What is fair?", and "What are the effects of prejudice?"
Ways to support your child:
Ask your child about this informational text at home:
- What was "Emmett Till" about?
- What did you learn about Fear & Paranoia?
- What did you learn about Justice, Freedom & Equality?
- What did you learn about Prejudice & Discrimination?
- Watch the following clips with your child at home: