Parent Guide > Empowering the Black Power Movement
Welcome to the parent guide for this text! Read below to find out about what your child is reading in class and how you can support him/her at home.
This week in class, we’re reading "Empowering the Black Power Movement" by USHistory.org.
"Empowering the Black Power Movement" is an informational text that discusses how the Black Power movement emerged as a major political force for African American empowerment in the 1960s and 1970s.
"How has America changed over time?", "How do people create change?", and "How are communities formed?"
Ways to support your child:
Ask your child about this informational text at home:
- What was "Empowering the Black Power Movement" about?
- What did you learn about America?
- What did you learn about Community?
- What did you learn about Social Change & Revolution?
- Watch the following clips with your child at home: