Parent Guide > Excerpt from "Frankenstein": Chapter 10
Welcome to the parent guide for this text! Read below to find out about what your child is reading in class and how you can support him/her at home.
This week in class, we’re reading "Excerpt from "Frankenstein": Chapter 10" by Mary Shelley.
In this excerpt from Mary Shelley's Frankenstein, the creature demands that Frankenstein listen to his story of how he has suffered since being created.
"Who's in control: humanity or nature?", "How does power corrupt?", and "What does it mean to feel alone?"
Ways to support your child:
Ask your child about this fiction - general at home:
- What was "Excerpt from "Frankenstein": Chapter 10" about?
- What did you learn about Human vs. Nature?
- What did you learn about Loneliness & Isolation?
- What did you learn about Power & Greed?
- Watch the following clips with your child at home: