Parent Guide > Excerpt from "Susan B. Anthony, The Woman"
Welcome to the parent guide for this text! Read below to find out about what your child is reading in class and how you can support him/her at home.
This week in class, we’re reading "Excerpt from "Susan B. Anthony, The Woman"" by Helen Dare.
Journalist Susan Dare interviews the famous women's rights activist, Susan B. Anthony, in this text published in 1905.
"How do we define the roles of men and women?", "How do people create change?", and "What makes a hero?"
Ways to support your child:
Ask your child about this historical document at home:
- What was "Excerpt from "Susan B. Anthony, The Woman"" about?
- What did you learn about Gender Roles?
- What did you learn about Honor & Courage?
- What did you learn about Social Change & Revolution?
- Watch the following clips with your child at home: