Parent Guide > From Resistance to Reservations
Welcome to the parent guide for this text! Read below to find out about what your child is reading in class and how you can support him/her at home.
This week in class, we’re reading "From Resistance to Reservations" by USHistory.org.
This informational text details the final conflicts of the 300-year American Indian Wars and their devastating effects for Native Americans.
"How has America changed over time?", "What is fair?", and "Why do people do bad things?"
Ways to support your child:
Ask your child about this informational text at home:
- What was "From Resistance to Reservations" about?
- What did you learn about America?
- What did you learn about Justice, Freedom & Equality?
- What did you learn about Morality?
- Watch the following clips with your child at home: