Parent Guide > Going to School as a Refugee
Welcome to the parent guide for this text! Read below to find out about what your child is reading in class and how you can support him/her at home.
This week in class, we’re reading "Going to School as a Refugee" by Caroline Garrison.
In the feature article "Going to School as a Refugee," Caroline Garrison describes the fears and struggles of refugee students in Dallas schools.
"What are the effects of prejudice?", "How are communities formed?", and "What is a friend?"
Ways to support your child:
Ask your child about this non-fiction - general at home:
- What was "Going to School as a Refugee" about?
- What did you learn about Community?
- What did you learn about Friendship & Family?
- What did you learn about Prejudice & Discrimination?
- Watch the following clips with your child at home: