Parent Guide > I Am Offering This Poem
Welcome to the parent guide for this text! Read below to find out about what your child is reading in class and how you can support him/her at home.
This week in class, we’re reading "I Am Offering This Poem" by Jimmy Santiago Baca.
In "I Am Offering This Poem," a speaker offers the only thing they have: a poem and their love.
"How are we changed by love?", "Does money buy happiness?", and "How can we achieve happiness?"
Ways to support your child:
Ask your child about this poem at home:
- What was "I Am Offering This Poem" about?
- What did you learn about Beauty & Happiness?
- What did you learn about Love?
- What did you learn about Power & Greed?
- Watch ‘Blood In, Blood Out’ Creator on Island at home with your child.