Parent Guide > Jewish Refugees on the St. Louis
Welcome to the parent guide for this text! Read below to find out about what your child is reading in class and how you can support him/her at home.
This week in class, we’re reading "Jewish Refugees on the St. Louis" by Jessica McBirney.
In "Jewish Refugees on the St. Louis," Jessica McBirney describes the experiences of Jewish refugees who were not allowed to disembark the St. Louis at their destination.
"How has America changed over time?", "How does fear drive action?", "What are the effects of prejudice?", and "What can we learn from tragedy?"
Ways to support your child:
Ask your child about this informational text at home:
- What was "Jewish Refugees on the St. Louis" about?
- What did you learn about America?
- What did you learn about Comedy & Tragedy?
- What did you learn about Fear & Paranoia?
- What did you learn about Prejudice & Discrimination?
- Watch No One Wanted Us – The Tragic Voyage of the SS St. Louis at home with your child.