Parent Guide > Nazi Germany's "Euthanasia" Program
Welcome to the parent guide for this text! Read below to find out about what your child is reading in class and how you can support him/her at home.
This week in class, we’re reading "Nazi Germany's "Euthanasia" Program" by The United States Holocaust Memorial Museum.
This short article details Nazi Germany's program for killing sick, disabled, and elderly institutionalized people. The euthanasia program served as a model for "The Final Solution" for genocide against European Jews.
"What are the effects of prejudice?", "How do people face death?", and "Why do people do bad things?"
Ways to support your child:
Ask your child about this informational text at home:
- What was "Nazi Germany's "Euthanasia" Program" about?
- What did you learn about Death?
- What did you learn about Morality?
- What did you learn about Prejudice & Discrimination?
- Watch The Nazi Euthanasia (T4) Program at home with your child.