Parent Guide > Rosie the Riveter
Welcome to the parent guide for this text! Read below to find out about what your child is reading in class and how you can support him/her at home.
This week in class, we’re reading "Rosie the Riveter" by Barrett Smith.
In the informational text "Rosie the Riveter," Barrett Smith explores the WWII origins of Rosie and her impact on social movements.
"How do we define the roles of men and women?", "How do people create change?", and "How are we changed by war?"
Ways to support your child:
Ask your child about this informational text at home:
- What was "Rosie the Riveter" about?
- What did you learn about Gender Roles?
- What did you learn about Social Change & Revolution?
- What did you learn about War & Peace?
- Watch the following clips with your child at home: