Parent Guide > Shoe Factory Horror
Welcome to the parent guide for this text! Read below to find out about what your child is reading in class and how you can support him/her at home.
This week in class, we’re reading "Shoe Factory Horror" by The Taney County Republican.
The newspaper article "Shoe Factory Horror," printed in The Taney County Republican, discusses the chaos caused by a boiler explosion at the R. B. Grover & Cc. shoe factory.
"How has America changed over time?", "What are the costs and benefits of technology?", and "What can we learn from tragedy?"
Ways to support your child:
Ask your child about this news article at home:
- What was "Shoe Factory Horror" about?
- What did you learn about America?
- What did you learn about Comedy & Tragedy?
- What did you learn about Technology, Progress & Industry?
- Watch the following clips with your child at home: