Parent Guide > Showdown in Little Rock
Welcome to the parent guide for this text! Read below to find out about what your child is reading in class and how you can support him/her at home.
This week in class, we’re reading "Showdown in Little Rock" by USHistory.org.
This informational text explores the 1957 incident in Little Rock, Arkansas where white segregationists and the governor illegally tried to block black students from integrating into white schools.
"How has America changed over time?", "How does a person overcome adversity?", and "What are the costs and benefits of technology?"
Ways to support your child:
Ask your child about this informational text at home:
- What was "Showdown in Little Rock" about?
- What did you learn about America?
- What did you learn about Resilience & Success?
- What did you learn about Technology, Progress & Industry?
- Watch the following clips with your child at home: