Parent Guide > Soccer Speaks Many Languages
Welcome to the parent guide for this text! Read below to find out about what your child is reading in class and how you can support him/her at home.
This week in class, we’re reading "Soccer Speaks Many Languages" by Dianna Geers.
In the informational text "Soccer Speaks Many Languages," Dianna Greers discusses how a young refugee, Innocent Ndayizeye, is able to connect with others through soccer.
"How does a person overcome adversity?", "How can we achieve peace?", and "What is a friend?"
Ways to support your child:
Ask your child about this informational text at home:
- What was "Soccer Speaks Many Languages" about?
- What did you learn about Friendship & Family?
- What did you learn about Resilience & Success?
- What did you learn about War & Peace?
- Watch the following clips with your child at home: