Parent Guide > Standing out in the Herd
Welcome to the parent guide for this text! Read below to find out about what your child is reading in class and how you can support him/her at home.
This week in class, we’re reading "Standing out in the Herd" by Cecil Dzwowa.
In the informational text "Standing Out in the Herd," Cecil Dzwowa explains how a giraffe came to be a part of a herd of cows.
"How are we changed by love?", "What makes you who you are?", and "What makes a family?"
Ways to support your child:
Ask your child about this informational text at home:
- What was "Standing out in the Herd" about?
- What did you learn about Friendship & Family?
- What did you learn about Identity?
- What did you learn about Love?
- Watch the following clips with your child at home: