Parent Guide > Stop and Frisk: Right or Wrong?
Welcome to the parent guide for this text! Read below to find out about what your child is reading in class and how you can support him/her at home.
This week in class, we’re reading "Stop and Frisk: Right or Wrong?" by Mike Kubic.
This article examines the rationale behind "Stop and Frisk," a controversial law enforcement tactic, and the impact of its decline.
"What are the effects of prejudice?", "Which is more important: freedom or security?", and "How can we achieve peace?"
Ways to support your child:
Ask your child about this informational text at home:
- What was "Stop and Frisk: Right or Wrong?" about?
- What did you learn about Justice, Freedom & Equality?
- What did you learn about Prejudice & Discrimination?
- What did you learn about War & Peace?
- Watch the following clips with your child at home: