Parent Guide > Thanksgiving at the Lake
Welcome to the parent guide for this text! Read below to find out about what your child is reading in class and how you can support him/her at home.
This week in class, we’re reading "Thanksgiving at the Lake" by Megan Hoyt.
In "Thanksgiving at the Lake," the speaker of this Shakespearean sonnet reflects on the important role of fathers.
"How do we understand the world around us?", "What makes a family?", and "How are we changed by love?"
Ways to support your child:
Ask your child about this poem at home:
- What was "Thanksgiving at the Lake" about?
- What did you learn about Education & Knowledge?
- What did you learn about Friendship & Family?
- What did you learn about Love?
- Watch the following clips with your child at home: