Parent Guide > The 16th Street Baptist Church Bombing
Welcome to the parent guide for this text! Read below to find out about what your child is reading in class and how you can support him/her at home.
This week in class, we’re reading "The 16th Street Baptist Church Bombing" by Jessica McBirney.
The bombing of the 16th Street Church in Birmingham, Alabama during the 1960s was both a tragic and pivotal event of the Civil Rights movement.
"What are the effects of prejudice?", "How do people create change?", and "What is the importance of community?"
Ways to support your child:
Ask your child about this informational text at home:
- What was "The 16th Street Baptist Church Bombing" about?
- What did you learn about Community?
- What did you learn about Prejudice & Discrimination?
- What did you learn about Social Change & Revolution?
- Watch the following clips with your child at home: