Parent Guide > The Civil Rights Act of 1964
Welcome to the parent guide for this text! Read below to find out about what your child is reading in class and how you can support him/her at home.
This week in class, we’re reading "The Civil Rights Act of 1964" by National Park Service.
This informational text discusses the events that led up to the passage of the Civil Rights Act of 1964.
"How has America changed over time?", "What is fair?", and "How do people create change?"
Ways to support your child:
Ask your child about this informational text at home:
- What was "The Civil Rights Act of 1964" about?
- What did you learn about America?
- What did you learn about Justice, Freedom & Equality?
- What did you learn about Social Change & Revolution?
- Watch The 1960s in America: Crash Course US History at home with your child.