Parent Guide > The Coeur d'Alene Miners' Uprising
Welcome to the parent guide for this text! Read below to find out about what your child is reading in class and how you can support him/her at home.
This week in class, we’re reading "The Coeur d'Alene Miners' Uprising" by Various authors.
In "The Coeur d'Alene Miner's Uprising," two newspaper articles detail the 1892 Idaho miner's strike over unfair labor practices that left five people dead.
"What is fair?", "What is good and how do we know?", and "Why do people resist change?"
Ways to support your child:
Ask your child about this news article at home:
- What was "The Coeur d'Alene Miners' Uprising" about?
- What did you learn about Justice, Freedom & Equality?
- What did you learn about Morality?
- What did you learn about Social Change & Revolution?
- Watch the following clips with your child at home: