Parent Guide > The Leap
Welcome to the parent guide for this text! Read below to find out about what your child is reading in class and how you can support him/her at home.
This week in class, we’re reading "The Leap" by Louise Erdrich.
In Louise Erdrich's short story "The Leap," a narrator describes the life and important experiences of their mother, a retired trapeze performer.
"How are we changed by love?", "What makes you who you are?", and "Can we control our fate?"
Ways to support your child:
Ask your child about this short story at home:
- What was "The Leap" about?
- What did you learn about Fate & Free Will?
- What did you learn about Identity?
- What did you learn about Love?
- Watch the following clips with your child at home: