Parent Guide > The Legend of Sleepy Hollow
Welcome to the parent guide for this text! Read below to find out about what your child is reading in class and how you can support him/her at home.
This week in class, we’re reading "The Legend of Sleepy Hollow" by Washington Irving.
In "The Legend of Sleepy Hollow," a goofy-looking, superstitious schoolmaster named Ichabod Crane disappears mysteriously after an encounter with the Headless Horseman of Sleepy Hollow.
"How does love emerge?", "What makes America unique?", and "How can fear be used to manipulate?"
Ways to support your child:
Ask your child about this short story at home:
- What was "The Legend of Sleepy Hollow" about?
- What did you learn about America?
- What did you learn about Fear & Paranoia?
- What did you learn about Love?
- Watch the following clips with your child at home: