Parent Guide > The Scramble for Africa
Welcome to the parent guide for this text! Read below to find out about what your child is reading in class and how you can support him/her at home.
This week in class, we’re reading "The Scramble for Africa" by Bakari Bosa.
This informational text summarizes the European and American colonization and plundering of Africa, as well as Africans' resistance and eventual independence movements.
"Why do people do bad things?", "How does power corrupt?", and "How does prejudice emerge?"
Ways to support your child:
Ask your child about this informational text at home:
- What was "The Scramble for Africa" about?
- What did you learn about Morality?
- What did you learn about Power & Greed?
- What did you learn about Prejudice & Discrimination?
- Watch the following clips with your child at home: