Parent Guide > The Voting Rights Act of 1965
Welcome to the parent guide for this text! Read below to find out about what your child is reading in class and how you can support him/her at home.
This week in class, we’re reading "The Voting Rights Act of 1965" by Jessica McBirney.
The impetus for and impact of the Voting Rights Act of 1965 are discussed in this informational text.
"How has America changed over time?", "What is fair?", and "How do people create change?"
Ways to support your child:
Ask your child about this informational text at home:
- What was "The Voting Rights Act of 1965" about?
- What did you learn about America?
- What did you learn about Justice, Freedom & Equality?
- What did you learn about Social Change & Revolution?
- Watch the following clips with your child at home: