Parent Guide > The Women of Hidden Figures
Welcome to the parent guide for this text! Read below to find out about what your child is reading in class and how you can support him/her at home.
This week in class, we’re reading "The Women of Hidden Figures" by Jessica McBirney.
In "The Women of Hidden Figures," Jessica McBirney describes three famous African American women who performed crucial work at NASA during the Space Race.
"How do we define the roles of men and women?", "What are the effects of prejudice?", and "Why do people succeed?"
Ways to support your child:
Ask your child about this biography at home:
- What was "The Women of Hidden Figures" about?
- What did you learn about Gender Roles?
- What did you learn about Prejudice & Discrimination?
- What did you learn about Resilience & Success?
- Watch the following clips with your child at home: