Parent Guide > Trail into Darkness
Welcome to the parent guide for this text! Read below to find out about what your child is reading in class and how you can support him/her at home.
This week in class, we’re reading "Trail into Darkness" by Brad Robie.
In Brad Robie's short story "Trail into Darkness," a boy gets lost while snowshoeing with his family.
"How does fear drive action?", "Who's in control: humanity or nature?", and "What does it mean to be brave?"
Ways to support your child:
Ask your child about this fiction - general at home:
- What was "Trail into Darkness" about?
- What did you learn about Fear & Paranoia?
- What did you learn about Honor & Courage?
- What did you learn about Human vs. Nature?
- Watch the following clips with your child at home: