Parent Guide > Women Who Spoke Up
Welcome to the parent guide for this text! Read below to find out about what your child is reading in class and how you can support him/her at home.
This week in class, we’re reading "Women Who Spoke Up" by Andrew Matthews.
In the informational text "Women who Spoke Up," Andrew Matthews discusses inspiring women who have contributed to change throughout history.
"How do we define the roles of men and women?", "What are the effects of prejudice?", and "How do people create change?"
Ways to support your child:
Ask your child about this informational text at home:
- What was "Women Who Spoke Up" about?
- What did you learn about Gender Roles?
- What did you learn about Prejudice & Discrimination?
- What did you learn about Social Change & Revolution?
- Watch the following clips with your child at home: