CommonLit 360 Schools & Districts CommonLit 360 Edition 2.0: Everything You Need to Know
Exciting updates to CommonLit’s ELA curriculum for grades 6-8
We are thrilled to announce that the highly anticipated new edition of CommonLit 360 for grades 6-8 will be available in early July 2023! In this blog post, we’ll share some great additions to our comprehensive ELA curriculum, which is already driving student success in schools and districts across the country.
We can’t wait for you to dive into CommonLit 360 Edition 2.0 - it is sure to transform learning outcomes for your students and delight your team!
New and Updated Edition 2.0 Units Feature:
- An even wider range of text genres and modes, including rhetorical analysis, poetry, multimedia and primary source documents
- Culminating tasks that include authentic opportunities for real world application, including project-focused learning opportunities
- Additional texts in each unit that support students’ knowledge building
- More high-quality texts to build student reading stamina
- Additional texts from diverse authors
- More explicit instructional guidance for teachers
Our New Edition 2.0 Will Also Include:
New Novel Units
New full-length texts have been selected for unit three of each grade. The novel selections more closely align to grade-level standards and the themes and knowledge building in CommonLit’s year-long plan for each grade. Each novel unit includes the addition of writing lessons and at least one Related Media Exploration.
We’ve enhanced some teacher and student favorites with the addition of more contemporary texts and additional knowledge building.
Newly Designed Units
Each grade level includes one completely new unit that builds students’ knowledge of and familiarity with different genres and modes of texts.
Units with New Project-Based Assessments
Research units (Unit 4) and argumentative units (Unit 6) at each grade level will include updated culminating tasks that require students to demonstrate their learning in innovative ways. Some examples include:
Supportive Guidance for Internalization and Planning
We’ve added new supports to ensure teachers can best meet their students’ needs, including:
- Additional instructional guidance for each lesson
- Clear and supportive pacing suggestions across grade levels and units
- Updated, easy-to-use rubrics for writing, listening and speaking
Options for Formative and Summative Assessment
To help teachers easily measure student comprehension, we’ve added Unit Skills Assessments, available for purchase with our School Essentials PRO Plus package. The Unit Skills Assessments give teachers and instructional leaders the touch points they need to plan strong targeted instruction within CommonLit 360.
We’re excited for you to dive into these units, which will be released over the course of the spring and summer. As always, we will keep you updated throughout the 2022-2023 school year, including resources and webinar opportunities to learn more about how schools can plan for the transition to Ed 2.0.
If you have any immediate questions, email firstname.lastname@example.org.