Parent Guide > Emergency on the Mountain
Welcome to the parent guide for this text! Read below to find out about what your child is reading in class and how you can support him/her at home.
This week in class, we’re reading "Emergency on the Mountain" by Kerry McGee.
In Kerry McGee's short story "Emergency on the Mountain," a girl studying medicine helps a boy when there is an accident.
"What is the importance of community?", "What is the goal of education?", and "What does it mean to be grown up?"
Ways to support your child:
Ask your child about this short story at home:
- What was "Emergency on the Mountain" about?
- What did you learn about Community?
- What did you learn about Education & Knowledge?
- What did you learn about Growing Up?
- Watch the following clips with your child at home: