Parent Guide > Excerpt from "Our America"
Welcome to the parent guide for this text! Read below to find out about what your child is reading in class and how you can support him/her at home.
This week in class, we’re reading "Excerpt from "Our America"" by José Martí.
In this excerpt from "Our America," José Martí discusses the governing of Latin American nations newly independent from outside influence.
"How do people create change?", "What is the goal of education?", and "What makes you who you are?"
Ways to support your child:
Ask your child about this political theory at home:
- What was "Excerpt from "Our America"" about?
- What did you learn about Education & Knowledge?
- What did you learn about Identity?
- What did you learn about Social Change & Revolution?
- Watch the following clips with your child at home: