Parent Guide > FDR and the New Deal
Welcome to the parent guide for this text! Read below to find out about what your child is reading in class and how you can support him/her at home.
This week in class, we’re reading "FDR and the New Deal" by Mike Kubic.
In the informational text "FDR and the New Deal," Mike Kubic discusses President Roosevelt's New Deal program and how it impacted the economy during the Great Depression.
"How has America changed over time?", "How do people create change?", and "Why do people succeed?"
Ways to support your child:
Ask your child about this informational text at home:
- What was "FDR and the New Deal" about?
- What did you learn about America?
- What did you learn about Resilience & Success?
- What did you learn about Social Change & Revolution?
- Watch the following clips with your child at home: