Parent Guide > How Jackie Robinson Changed Baseball
Welcome to the parent guide for this text! Read below to find out about what your child is reading in class and how you can support him/her at home.
This week in class, we’re reading "How Jackie Robinson Changed Baseball" by Jessica McBirney.
In "How Jackie Robinson Changed Baseball," Jessica McBirney discusses the life and accomplishments of Jackie Robinson, the first African American Major League baseball player.
"How has America changed over time?", "How does a person overcome adversity?", and "What makes a hero?"
Ways to support your child:
Ask your child about this informational text at home:
- What was "How Jackie Robinson Changed Baseball" about?
- What did you learn about America?
- What did you learn about Honor & Courage?
- What did you learn about Resilience & Success?
- Watch the following clips with your child at home: