Parent Guide > In Flanders Fields
Welcome to the parent guide for this text! Read below to find out about what your child is reading in class and how you can support him/her at home.
This week in class, we’re reading "In Flanders Fields" by John McCrae.
"In Flanders Fields" describes the painful losses of World War I by showing the reader an active battlefield that is already being turned into a cemetery.
"What can we learn from tragedy?", "How are we changed by war?", and "What makes a hero?"
Ways to support your child:
Ask your child about this poem at home:
- What was "In Flanders Fields" about?
- What did you learn about Comedy & Tragedy?
- What did you learn about Honor & Courage?
- What did you learn about War & Peace?
- Watch the following clips with your child at home: