Parent Guide > Inundated
Welcome to the parent guide for this text! Read below to find out about what your child is reading in class and how you can support him/her at home.
This week in class, we’re reading "Inundated" by Hayes Davis.
In Hayes Davis' poem "Inundated," a speaker describes a man's experience in New Orleans after Hurricane Katrina.
"How does a person overcome adversity?", "What makes you who you are?", and "How does prejudice emerge?"
Ways to support your child:
Ask your child about this poem at home:
- What was "Inundated" about?
- What did you learn about Identity?
- What did you learn about Prejudice & Discrimination?
- What did you learn about Resilience & Success?
- Watch “Inundated” A Daily Mug Poem at home with your child.