Parent Guide > Life on Reservations
Welcome to the parent guide for this text! Read below to find out about what your child is reading in class and how you can support him/her at home.
This week in class, we’re reading "Life on Reservations" by Jessica McBirney.
In "Life on Reservations," Jessica McBirney discusses the history of reservations, as well Native American's quality of life living on them today.
"How has America changed over time?", "What are the effects of prejudice?", and "How are communities formed?"
Ways to support your child:
Ask your child about this informational text at home:
- What was "Life on Reservations" about?
- What did you learn about America?
- What did you learn about Community?
- What did you learn about Prejudice & Discrimination?
- Watch ‘America is a stolen country' at home with your child.