Parent Guide > Most Valuable Player
Welcome to the parent guide for this text! Read below to find out about what your child is reading in class and how you can support him/her at home.
This week in class, we’re reading "Most Valuable Player" by Sarah Van Arsdale.
In Sarah Van Arsdale's poem "Most Valuable Player," a speaker describes what it would be like to have a trophy.
"Why should we value our youth?", "Why do people succeed?", and "How can we achieve happiness?"
Ways to support your child:
Ask your child about this poem at home:
- What was "Most Valuable Player" about?
- What did you learn about Beauty & Happiness?
- What did you learn about Growing Up?
- What did you learn about Resilience & Success?
- Watch the following clips with your child at home: