Parent Guide > Sweetened Condensed Milk
Welcome to the parent guide for this text! Read below to find out about what your child is reading in class and how you can support him/her at home.
This week in class, we’re reading "Sweetened Condensed Milk" by Vashanti Rahaman.
In "Sweetened Condensed Milk," a young boy visits his childhood home in Trinidad and connects with his family and culture.
"What is the importance of community?", "What makes a family?", and "What makes you who you are?"
Ways to support your child:
Ask your child about this short story at home:
- What was "Sweetened Condensed Milk" about?
- What did you learn about Community?
- What did you learn about Friendship & Family?
- What did you learn about Identity?
- Watch the following clips with your child at home: