Parent Guide > The 13th
Welcome to the parent guide for this text! Read below to find out about what your child is reading in class and how you can support him/her at home.
This week in class, we’re reading "The 13th" by Shelley Walden.
In "The 13th," a superstitious teenage girl attempts to restore control by reversing her bad luck.
"Who's in control: humanity or nature?", "How does fear drive action?", and "How does a person overcome adversity?"
Ways to support your child:
Ask your child about this short story at home:
- What was "The 13th" about?
- What did you learn about Fear & Paranoia?
- What did you learn about Human vs. Nature?
- What did you learn about Resilience & Success?
- Watch the following clips with your child at home: