Parent Guide > The Decision to Drop the Bomb
Welcome to the parent guide for this text! Read below to find out about what your child is reading in class and how you can support him/her at home.
This week in class, we’re reading "The Decision to Drop the Bomb" by USHistory.org.
In the informational text "The Decision to Drop the Bomb," USHistory.org discusses Harry Truman's decision to use nuclear weapons against Japan during World War II.
"Why do people do bad things?", "What are the costs and benefits of technology?", and "How are we changed by war?"
Ways to support your child:
Ask your child about this informational text at home:
- What was "The Decision to Drop the Bomb" about?
- What did you learn about Morality?
- What did you learn about Technology, Progress & Industry?
- What did you learn about War & Peace?
- Watch the following clips with your child at home: