Parent Guide > The Forgotten Man
Welcome to the parent guide for this text! Read below to find out about what your child is reading in class and how you can support him/her at home.
This week in class, we’re reading "The Forgotten Man" by President Franklin D. Roosevelt.
In the Franklin D. Roosevelt's radio address "The Forgotten Man," Roosevelt discusses America's economy and how he would like to improve it.
"How has America changed over time?", "Does money buy happiness?", and "How do people create change?"
Ways to support your child:
Ask your child about this speech at home:
- What was "The Forgotten Man" about?
- What did you learn about America?
- What did you learn about Power & Greed?
- What did you learn about Social Change & Revolution?
- Watch the following clips with your child at home: