Parent Guide > The Gettysburg Address
Welcome to the parent guide for this text! Read below to find out about what your child is reading in class and how you can support him/her at home.
This week in class, we’re reading "The Gettysburg Address" by President Abraham Lincoln.
"The Gettysburg Address" emphasizes the importance of continuing to fight for the American principles of liberty and equality.
"How has America changed over time?", "How do people create change?", and "How are we changed by war?"
Ways to support your child:
Ask your child about this speech at home:
- What was "The Gettysburg Address" about?
- What did you learn about America?
- What did you learn about Social Change & Revolution?
- What did you learn about War & Peace?
- Watch the following clips with your child at home: