Parent Guide > The Jacket
Welcome to the parent guide for this text! Read below to find out about what your child is reading in class and how you can support him/her at home.
This week in class, we’re reading "The Jacket" by Gary Soto.
In "The Jacket," Gary Soto reflects on an "ugly" jacket he wore as a kid and what it meant to him.
"How do we define beauty?", "What makes you who you are?", and "Does money buy happiness?"
Ways to support your child:
Ask your child about this memoir at home:
- What was "The Jacket" about?
- What did you learn about Beauty & Happiness?
- What did you learn about Identity?
- What did you learn about Power & Greed?
- Watch the following clips with your child at home: