Parent Guide > The Medicine Bag
Welcome to the parent guide for this text! Read below to find out about what your child is reading in class and how you can support him/her at home.
This week in class, we’re reading "The Medicine Bag" by Virginia Driving Hawk Sneve.
In Virginia Driving Hawk Sneve's short story "The Medicine Bag," Martin's grandpa visits him and passes down a medicine bag to him, an important object in their family.
"What does it mean to be grown up?", "How do people face death?", and "What makes you who you are?"
Ways to support your child:
Ask your child about this short story at home:
- What was "The Medicine Bag" about?
- What did you learn about Death?
- What did you learn about Growing Up?
- What did you learn about Identity?
- Watch Native 101: ASU students, faculty bust stereotypes at home with your child.