Parent Guide > The Salem (and Other) Witch Hunts
Welcome to the parent guide for this text! Read below to find out about what your child is reading in class and how you can support him/her at home.
This week in class, we’re reading "The Salem (and Other) Witch Hunts" by Mike Kubic.
In "The Salem (and Other) Witch Hunts," Mike Kubic explores the Salem witch trials, and the various other prejudiced hunts that have occurred throughout history.
"How does fear drive action?", "What are the effects of following the crowd?", and "How does prejudice emerge?"
Ways to support your child:
Ask your child about this informational text at home:
- What was "The Salem (and Other) Witch Hunts" about?
- What did you learn about Fear & Paranoia?
- What did you learn about Prejudice & Discrimination?
- What did you learn about Social Pressure?
- Watch the following clips with your child at home: